Medical Alert Systems are life saving devices which are worn on the body, used in the time of an in home emergency. These are useful for the people living alone and have a chance of medical emergency such as heart attack, stroke, falls and when someone needs monitoring during recovery from surgery.
Choice of Best Medical Alert System
A consumer best chooses a medical alert system depending on his particular situation, budget and needs. Choosing a medical Alert system for an emergency is not an easy task. While going for a medical alert system, following should be taken into consideration:
1) Investigate the Company
· Purchasing medical alert system from a new company can be a bit risky, see that the company has been in business for some time.
· Check that the company is Underwriters Laboratory Listed. If not, be cautious to buy your system.
· Does the company offer 24/7 customer and technical support?
· Does the Equipment supplier personally owns the service call centre or is outsourced or subcontracted to anyone?
· Is the system repair and replacement included? What is the warranty they offer?
· In case of non satisfaction of service, is refund policy available?
· Does the call centre handle more than medical emergencies ( Home alarms, etc.)
· Are the phone operators trained and certified? Who does the training?
· Does a live operator answer all call? If not, in what circumstances would a call go to voicemail?
· How does the call centre handle your personal confidential medical Information?
2) Adjudicate about your system
Test your system immediately and look for:
· How long does it take for someone to speak with you?
· How clear does it sound?
· How far away can you be from it?
· Low pricing should not be your only criteria.
· Insist on at least a 30-day money back trial.
· Use a provider that has its own monitoring center.
· Be careful about payment terms and conditions. Carefully scrutinize advance payment criteria.
· Try to avoid companies who do not have their own monitoring centre.
When one pays for equipment costs, the monthly service fees should also be paid for the activation of service. Some companies charge installation fees. Ask about payment options and contractual commitments.
As these systems are life saving, be very careful about their choice.